Saturday, January 23, 2010

Young Women’s Dance

I absolutely LOVE my calling in Young Women’s.  I started out as the Beehive advisor and now I am the Mia Maid advisor and I love spending time with awesome girls and leaders in Young Women.  We have a really fun, awesome bunch.  We had a Harvest Dance this fall where the theme was line dancing.  They taught the girls all sorts or square dances and line dances.  It was held outside at the stake center (again I love the great weather here!).  It was a blast and of course we leaders had to get out there to shake it with our ladies.  I’m so glad the girls aren’t embarassed of us old ladies dancing our butts off with them.  I pretty sure they love it.   Sometimes I feel like I am still their age because I so vividly remember the trials of being a teenager and I feel like it wasn’t that long ago.  Then other times I feel like I am 45!  I always tell them that being a teenager is the yucky thing you need to endure to get to the good stuff in life.  Whoever said high school was the happiest time in your life was obviously a lame adult. 

 

october-december 2009 248

october-december 2009 249

october-december 2009 250

october-december 2009 251 

october-december 2009 252

No comments:

Post a Comment