Saturday, January 23, 2010

Building a Rocket

 

Mike and Mel got my kids a rocket set for Christmas maybe 2 years ago.  During the big move we found it and decided to put it together one Saturday.  This set claimed to be able to go like 900 feet in the air and I was skeptical but it seemed like fun.  The assembly took a lot longer than expected since it was way high tech (at least way to high tech for me).  Luckily Taylor is a genius with wires and electrical things so he was able to manage it.  During the assembly the kids and I were growing impatient (since we were on like hour two of this) and I said “Seriously honey this is a kids toy it’s not rocket science.”  Tay laughed his head off because it actually was rocket science and I hadn’t meant to be witty.  Finally we were done and ready to light the sucker.  The kids stayed far away while Dad lit the fuse.  I was afraid it would be like a firecracker and scare Lucy but it didn’t.  That rocket was seriously impressive and flew as high up as we could see.  After it shoots off it deploys a parachute to slow it’s journey down and the kids had fun searching for it.  It was a the coolest toy and we will definitely do it again.  The initial set is like $20 at Walmart and then the refill rockets are only like $6.  We bought another rocket refill that will go 2000 feet in the air!  We’l save that for another Saturday.

october-december 2009 255 

october-december 2009 254

october-december 2009 253 

october-december 2009 256

No comments:

Post a Comment