Friday, January 29, 2010

Christmas Eve

This year for Christmas Eve Grandma Judy and Grandpa Ron decided to have a buffet dinner at their house.  Who doesn’t love a buffet…………especially one cooked by Judy.  She’s the best.  We decided that it would be a “nice dress” night.  Translation – we would not let the kids pick out their own clothes.  Before we left the house I decided this was the only opportunity I would get to get the kids picture in their Christmas clothes in front of our fireplace.  I knew in the morning the house (and the kids) would be in utter chaos.  I sat all my beautiful babies in front of the fireplace and tried to get the perfect picture.  It always amazes me how cute my kids are in person but how incredibly hard it is to get a picture of all of them looking their best.  Poor Wes always does this way cheesy smile that looks like he’s growling, Lucy is disinterested and James is usually throwing a fit or looking really aggravated.  The last one is the best one I got this year.   At least I’ll remember my kids personalities with every picture I take. 

october-december 2009 390

october-december 2009 391

october-december 2009 394

The buffet was awesome and we reenacted the Christmas story.  From the bible not the red rider bb gun one.  It was precious and may be one of my favorite holiday traditions.  Of course I have n pictures of it.  Maybe I’ll steal some off Mel’s blog. 

We came home early and unwrapped christmas pj’s.  Weston got some Christmas bakugan ones, James got “cowboy” (aka woody) pjs, and Lucy (of course) got christmas Disney princess pj’s…..shocker I know.  The ones Taylor and I got for each other didn’t fit either one of us so we put on some old ones and decided we will purchase our own christmas pjs from here on out.  The kids excitedly out out christmas cookies and milk for Santa and carrots for the reindeer and hopped into bed.  As we were putting Weston to bed he said that he was so excited for the Prep and Landing elves to come and scan him to make sure he was asleep.  If you don’t know what I am talking about watch Prep and Landing on ABC family and you will understand.  It was a great Christmas Eve and Taylor and I fell exhausted into bed.

october-december 2009 402

october-december 2009 403

october-december 2009 405

No comments:

Post a Comment