Our Next events we had going on for Halloween was the ward party! Thankfully our ward is not one of the wards that does it on Halloween ( I hate that). Since Dave, Heather, Mom, and Ron are in our ward they were there (and my mom too! Yay!) The ward had a little carnival, mo young women were face painters, and the kiddos played some games but really just waited impatiently for the Trunk or Treat to start. If you don’t know Trunk or Treat is when a bunch of cars all park somewhere (in this case the church parking lot) have all their trunks open and decorated and you trick or treat from trunk to trunk. Their is way less walking involved and you know all the candy is safe so some parents have that as their actual trick or treating. not us of course. For my kids it’s just double the candy. Emma was a woodland fairy this year, Collin was a vampire, my mom was a happy witch, James was a race car drive – the only costume he would ever let me put on him, Lydia was baby Tinkerbell, Jucy was just in the cute Halloween dress I made her with some stripped leggings and a mommy made halloween bow, and Weston was Dan from the Bakugans. I think my days of being able to dictate my kids costume choices is over. I used to coordinate them all and the boys would not be random characters like Diego, or Dan, but now Wes (and James I think too) has it planned in his mind what he wants to be for Halloween years in advance. He wanted to be Tigress from Kung FU Panda over the summer. “A boy Tigress Mom!” Thankfully he got over that one and decided on Dan.
As soon as the ward party was over we headed over to the Annual Proudfit Halloween Party put on by Mike and Mel. It is always a blast and this year was no exception. Mike always has some crazy games planned and our favorite is the cereal box game. You need to play it at your next party- seriously. You put an empty cereal box on the ground and the rule is you have to pick it up with only your mouth, then tear off the piece you bite and let the next person go. By the time the box gets really small it is time to pull out your camera. The Proudfit guys always impress with their insane flexibility and determination to beat each other. The first pic is Mike and the second is Tay. Tay and I were Vampires and had some fun pretending to bite each other. I love dressing up and realized this year that Kmart is the place to get good cheap adult costumes. Dave and Heather were Morticia and Gomez Addams, and Mike and Mel were goth punk people. I love my babies but adults only parties are so fun……especially for Halloween.
Halloween morning I always make some kind of themed breakfast. This year was Halloween donuts and green eggs with cheese and spiders. Yummy! Since I refuse to ever sit in the house on a holiday we decided to go up to our favorite park and have a picnic with Dave and Heather and their kids. Anthem park rocks because it has a HUGE enclosed park, a splash pad, a train ride, tons of grass, a lake with fish, and lots of paved trails for older kids to ride on. Lydia decided to go in the splash pad when we weren’t watching and got drenched, she was totally happy though! We stripped her down and let her walk around in her diaper. Love that little monkey. Next on the agenda was our traditional Halloween Dinner. We always have the family over for mulled cider, pumpkin seeds, witch finger breadsticks, and homemade chili in a pumpkin with all the fix-ins ( I can’t believe I just said that). Everyone came over and geared up for trick or treating. One of the things I love best about AZ is the awesome weather. It a perfect 75 degrees for trick or treating and the kids were ready to go. Amanda pushed the babies in the double stroller while the adults ran to keep up with all the younger kids. It is so fun having so many cousins close and I love watching moments like these where they are experiencing life moments together. They are all like brothers and sisters and we adore every one of them. Wes and Kallie ended up trick or treating together and Wes kept acting like Dan and striking weird poses in peoples driveways. He did not break character (wonder where he got that from?). We successfully kept James and Dagen from going inside of every house we knocked on and didn’t lose anyone. It was really great. By the end of the experience Jamers was nearly asleep on Daddy’s head. After we had swept our neighborhood we came home and let the kids eat as much candy as they wanted. It was a crazy candy tornado in our family room. The kids ate and traded stuff for awhile and then we ended the night. I let my kids eat their candy for 3 days and then we put it at Taylor’s office for the employees. The kids don’t mind because they have gorged on candy for three days. And with that we said goodbye to Halloween for one more year (don’t worry though Weston has already decided he wants to be Quigon from Star Wars next year.)
No comments:
Post a Comment