I LOVE to celebrate any holiday…………..no seriously ANY holiday. We have started the tradition of making Halloween a big deal. Instead of doing a gingerbread house at Christmas, we make a haunted house at Halloween time. This year my mom taught me how to use melted sugar for the glue and we were able to create a two story spooky masterpiece. You melt sugar and dip the edges of the graham cracker in it and in seconds you have a rock hard solid glue. I think this year was the best ever. Next we covered it in frosting ands tons of candy. I think however James ate most (if not all of his candy) as you can tell from his mouth.
Next came time to carve the beautiful pumpkins the kids picked out at the Ranch. Every year we try to get fancy with our carving and end up doing the same old jack-o-lantern face. I say if it’s not broke then don’t fix it. My mom had never, I repeat never, carved a pumpkin. We always carved them as kids and I have no idea how she talked my dad into doing it solo every year. We of course decided she must gut and carve a pumpkin all by herself. She was scared but did a lovely job. We love (well, really I love since Tay can’t eat seeds) cooking pumpkin seeds. The key to it is sauting them in butter first till they are brown and then baking them. So good. Lucy of course was all smiles in her high chair loving all the action. She is the happiest baby alive. It was a very fun night and we are glad to have these traditions that our kids will grow up loving (we hope).
I had a great time spending Halloween with all of you! You really go all out and it was so much FUN! And.........I think my jack-0-lantern was the best!
ReplyDeleteHey Becky! So I need your address, something came in the mail for you. So if you could give it to me that would be awesome! By the way... your little girl is so cute, so not fair!!! I want one :) Oh and I saw you got to hang out with Sarah, how fun!!! Hope you guys are doing well!
ReplyDelete