Saturday, January 23, 2010

World Wildlife Zoo

We love the zoo.  We are members at the Phoenix Zoo but there is also another zoo in our area called the World Wildlife Zoo.  We go there once or twice a year. This zoo has more up close experience opportunites and the kids love it.  It has dirt paths and sometime disturbingly close animal enclosures, but it is a great place to really see every animal you could possibly imagine.  We went to the bird feeding where a zookeeper gives you peices of fruit to feed a bird.  They will come and fly right on you and eat.  Weston loved it and was not at all afraid to get right in there.  James stayed safe on Tay’s back and was content to watch Tay feed them.  You can also feed the giraffes which went pretty much the same way as the bird feeding, Wes loved it James clung to Tay.   Since James was having an underwhelming experience there we let him pick a ride to go on, the skyride or a train ride.  He suprisingly picked the skyride and we went on.  Usually I have Wes and Lucy and Tay does James in any split situation, but his time I got to sit with James!  It was really fun to listen to his babbling commentary as we rode over all the animal exibits.    I love being able to see him growing up and being able to express himself verbally.  He is the funniest little boy and makes me laugh everyday.    Finally we went to the new aquarium exhibit and loved it!  Weston got to pet a sting ray and the boys and Lucy really loved the watching the shark tank.  I think they could have sat there all day…………I wonder if I can have one installed in the house……………hmmmmm

october-december 2009 257

october-december 2009 260

october-december 2009 261

october-december 2009 262 

october-december 2009 267

october-december 2009 268

october-december 2009 270

october-december 2009 273

october-december 2009 275

october-december 2009 278

october-december 2009 280

october-december 2009 284

october-december 2009 286 october-december 2009 285

1 comment:

  1. It looks like a fun place! I'd LOVE to go there sometime when I'm visiting!

    ReplyDelete