Sunday, June 28, 2009

Father's Day

I love Father's Day!! Well, really I love any holiday. We always try to make Tay feel really special and loved on Father's Day. This year we started the day by making Tay breakfast in bed. I let the kids pick out what to put on his tray. They decided on french toast with homemade syrup, a bowl of Trix cereal, a glass of milk, some cheese and crackers, and lastly a package of veggie tales fruit snacks. Tay accepted his breakfast after he slept in for awhile (the greatest gift any parent could get.)

I got Tay some new jeans and shirts for Father's Day and I helped the kids make these really cute paintings. I saw the idea on Jon and Kate Plus 8 where you let your kids paint a canvas color by color, layer by layer. You cover up after each color certain areas of the canvas and the n peel them off when you are done. It makes what would normally by a big brown mess a picture you would actually want to hang on the wall. Look how cute these turned out! I think we're gonna hang them in the new playroom.
Finally Tay's mom made a huge delicious Father's Day feast. Judy always makes the yummiest food and we are happy to have her with us on holidays now. That sounded bad --- we're glad she's here for more that just the fact that she makes delicious food. It seems so complete now having Mom and Ron here with us.


I love my Taylor so much and am so thankful my children have the best Dad I could ever imagine. He truly lives to make the kids and I have a good life and makes us all feel so loved. He is truly a special person. I am also so blessed to have Ron in my life. He is the best father in law ever. He is truly an example to everyone around him. Finally I would like to thank my own father. He is the most selfless man I have ever met. He works so hard and is so steadfast. He also climbs around with my kids and spends special time with them playing records, trians, and blues clues. My kids adore my dad and so do I. I am truly blessed to have these wonderful men in my life. Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment