Friday, July 10, 2009

Rattlesnakes

After coming home from girls camp I heard the story about the rattlesnake in Mike's yard from Weston. He is now fascinated with rattlesnakes and when we went to the library this week he picked out a book about rattlesnakes. This book is nasty and complete with lots of gross pictures which Weston loves. There is one picture in particular Wes is fixated on, it's a picture of a rattlesnake giving birth. Although the spawn is in an egg the egg is translucent and you can see it. Wes always say "Mom looks at this it's scusting (disgusting)!" After see this picture a million times and explaining to him for the millionth time that it's a baby snake not poop, something clicked in Weston's head about me giving birth to baby Lucy. Many questions followed. Long story short Weston now knows the real story about how babies are born. Thanks alot stupid rattlesnake book. My little boy is growing up to fast.

4 comments:

  1. Did he think it was "scusting" the way baby Lucy was born? He is one smart little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness! I seriously laughed out loud! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Young boys and rattlesnake fascinations can be dangerous...trust me. My fascination led beyond books, to actually hunting rattlesnakes as a teenager, then getting bitten by one and spending several agonizing days in the hospital (not to mention a $32,000 hospital bill). I still find them fascinating, but I've never seen one give birth. Interesting....

    ReplyDelete