The kids were off school today and the day started off great! I got to sleep in until 8am and then the boys and I snuggled and watched Disney Channel for another hour. While the boys were taking a bath I decided to get some much needed cleaning done. Since my bedroom is right off our great room I thought I would be safe cleaning the tile in there. I was having a great time until I realized I hadn't heard the boys for a few minutes. Not good. I realized then the bedroom door was closed- that is a sure sign that the boys are knowingly about to break the rules. I grabbed my camera ( because I knew I would find something picture worthy) took a deep breath and opened the door. I found the boys in my closet and this in the bathtub.............

In the tub I found my jewelery box, ALL my makeup, my expensive hair straightener, toiletries galore, toothbrushes, clothes, shoes, my new Nike Shocks, cleaners and to top it all off a sombrero. In addition to this disaster I found the boys in the closet playing with all the "hidden" easter purchases ( if you catch my drift.) Weston was so excited to find a new book, bubbles and informed me that " it was time time for easter and he loved his new book" I promptly put the boys in their room for the time out of the century. I left them in there for a half hour. This is the picture of what I found when I opened the door to their room a half hour later----- total mess. I can't win today.

Any suggestions on what to do about them finding all their easter goodies?? About an hour later the boys were playing outside and I heard a crashing noise. Weston had been attempting to climb the safety net on our trampoline and he broke it. He knew he was in deep trouble. All afternoon he has been coming up to me saying " Mom I'm sorry I ruined easter I will clean it all up" Of course his heartfelt apology and willingness to make things right help to calm me down and all I can do is laugh. We all have these days.
dang! What a day! Hope your straightener is ok and your makeup. Better in the bathtub than the toilet! Funny pics.
ReplyDeleteWay to keep your cool. I would have been sobbing after the tub thing.
ReplyDeleteOh, the days of being a young mischievous boy with young, mischievous brothers...I know we put my parents through very similar things ALL the time. Only we got spankings AND time out.
ReplyDeleteWe're in the process right now of trying to figure out how to keep Eva from taking off her smelly diapers during nap time and "contaminating" everything else!