Easter time is so much fun!!! Sincce it is obvious that I LOVE to overcelebrate every holiday I thought I would start off easter week with some fun easter crafts with my little guys. We made egg ornaments for our "easter tree" ( a miniature pine tree that we decorate for every holiday. ) We also made a cute pink foam easter tree kit. The kids loved making them and for once I didn't have to finish their crafts all by myself.

My mom is the greatest at holidays (she's where I get my love of celebrating from) She is so sweet and sends the kids cards and treats for every holiday and easter was no exception. She sent them the cutest eggs with candy and some fun books. The kids LOVE getting anything in the mail and this thrilled them beyond belief. Thanks Mom!


Later on that night we made our easter eggs. We had been dying ever since we bought the kit to decorate the eggs. He helped me boil the eggs and set up our kit. This is the first year that Jamers has really been into decorating. They did a great job and shockingly no clothes were stained! Hurray!

This is all the Proudfit cousins ( minus three) I think we are all taking the multiply and replenish the earth commandment quite seriously. It is so fun having this enormous crazy family! I love all the fun. laughter, chaos, andjoy that all these little cuties bring into my life.

After a really unfortunate Provo City egg hunt in which a lady was smoking and dropping the F bomb in front of the my kids and the day eded with the kids getting only trampled on candy and my neice Jaidyn asking why the easter bunny had a zipper on his back we decided to start doing our own Proudfit Family hunt. We had 19 Proudfit kids participating this year and almost 300 eggs. We had a close call with the rain (one of the ten times a year that it rains here!) but in the end we able to have our hunt. This is all the eggs before the kiddos got set loose.

We set them loose-- and their off! I was a little afraid of the mass of children sprinting in my direction. Amazingly no kids tripped or bled or even fought! Weston and Ryden are leading the pack.

The boys after the hunt was over enjoying the spoils of there hard work. Sweet little Wes helped Jamers find some eggs after James found only one promptly sat down opened it up and ate the candy inside. James wasn't interested in finding anymore until it was too late so Wes rehid some of his eggs so Wes could find more.

The ladies of the Proudfit Family (minus Kristin WE MISSED YOU!)

That darn easter bunny left muddy footprints on our floor!

My sweet angel

I know I am biased but seriously she is adorable

I learned how to make peirogies - a polish food similar to a ravioli. In Buffalo they have real Polish ladies make them at churches and sell them- in AZ not so many Polish ladies around. I got the recipe perfect this year and they were delicious.
You are a bloggin' fool lately! I have a lot to catch up on. FUN holiday. I love that your boys get into crafting with you. And yeah that is nice that you didn't have to finish it for them!! I am so in love with Lucy. Can I call dibs on her for Tanner?!? I can't wait to meet her!!
ReplyDeleteLucy IS the most beautiful baby ever! And I am also way surprised that no kids got trampled or fought. Didn't think about it til you mentioned it! What a fun get together. And those PEW DOGGIES look way yummy! Do you have any pics of that Provo Easter day you were talking about?
ReplyDeleteYou are making wonderful memories for your kids! Great idea having the egg hunt in the playground across from Heather's. Thanks for posting all the pictures so Grandma and Grandpa in Buffalo can see! We miss you (and happy birthday a day early!)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the pictures!! The boys are getting so big, and like I was just saying yesterday, your blogs are SO entertaining to read! Lucy is our new desktop background. She is so gorgeous!!
ReplyDeleteThose pierogis look exactly like the ones my grandmother used to make!!
ReplyDeleteI love that you make holidays a big deal! I love to also. I'll have to get some of your Easter ideas. Where did you get the bunny prints? SO cute. Lucy is a beautiful baby. Miss you!
ReplyDeleteI can't get over how ADORABLE your little girl is! Our daughters need to be friends one day. :o) You look amazing... as always... and reading your posts makes me wish we lived closer so we could have play dates and swap ideas about how best to avoid grounding our children for life when they put all that we owned into the water filled bath tub. Seriously. I think I would have been laughing through some tears.
ReplyDeleteYou're amazing! Glad to see you and your beautiful family are doing well!
Becky! You and Taylor have an obligation to make babies, so that there's more beauty in the world :)! Seriously, though can your kids get any cuter!?! Those pictures of Lucy in her dress melted my heart. You look so great too after just having a baby! You motivate me to have more of these little ones:)!
ReplyDelete