Oh how we love to celebrate any holiday in our family! On St. Patty’s Day we have some traditions from my family and we have added a few of our own as well. Usually on the night before St. Patty’s Day we have a Leprechaun that likes to visit our house. Since we all know that Leprechauns are super mischievous we try not to do anything that will make him do sneaky things. This year we made treasure boxes and left them out in hopes that our leprechaun would leave us some treasures. When the kids woke up in the morning they ran down stairs to see what the leprechaun had done to our house. he had left the kids some chocolate coins and shamrock confetti’s. Then they noticed shamrocks outside of the fridge and looked inside to find green milk and leprechaun juice (green cream soda). Next they followed the trail of shamrocks to the bathroom where they found more shamrocks and green water in the toilet!! When they were in the bathroom they saw themselves in the mirror and found that they had green hair and green splotched on them. (They may have a one point been painted on shamrocks that the kids woke up and rubbed ……..but its hard to say since I’m not a leprechaun.) Finally we noticed in our front room the leprechaun has made little disguises on the kids pictures making them look like leprechauns themselves. Weston thought that the leprechaun made Lucy eating out of a bowl of popcorn. What a tricky little fellow this leprechaun is!! The kids love him anyway :)
I always host a traditional Irish dinner with corn beef, potatoes, cabbage in addition to cafe rio pork, green tomatillo dressing, and random cute green desserts. I got a picture of all the kids in there St. Patrick’s Day attire. Lucy was not fond of Taylor’s beard at all and steered clear of him the whole night. I also started doing a gold coin hunt in our backyard after dinner a few years ago. The kids love it and gobble up the coins as fast as they find them. The dad’s hid all the coins while I bribed the kids and made them take a pic on the stairs before they were allowed to go find there coins and treasures in the backyard. Hey whatever works right? Lucy loved finding necklaces and had 6 of them around her neck at the end of the night. I love celebrating my heritage and I love a good party!
PS- Weston only put that headband on to take a funny picture – he was not wearing it all night (it actually turned out to be a garter belt opps)
Mike once again had to wear the green afro because he didn’t wear green—this is the 3rd year in a row. Next year I am going to make him wear a green speedo.
Looks like you guys had an ornery leprechaun come to your house. I especailly love how they ended up getting green on their skin. LOL! Peyton and Annisten had to look at the pictures on your blog of what the leprechaun did to your house over and over. They thought that the leprechaun gave Taylor his beard and Mike that crazy hair. Annisten is sorry to hear of the bad news about the leprechaun. Peyton says he misses Weston still.
ReplyDelete