Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Weston's First Day of Kindergarten

So first off let me say that apparently this day Wes wasn't feeling the picture taking. I thought I would be so excited to have Wes in Kindergarten but as the day grew closer I grew more and more sick about it. He was totally ready and excited but I felt like I was sending him into the big bad world alone. He is my buddy and I literally felt nauseous everytime I thought about him being gone all day everyday. I guess kids grow by being on their own- -so I had to suck it up and let him go. We had decided to send Wes to charter school and I knew that he would be safe and happy at his school. He wears uniforms and loves it (and so do I!) The first day we got him dressed, made a special breakfast and took him to his new classroom. Wes has an AMAZING teacher who also is a lawyer. She was a judge and had seen so many adults who had given up on themselves as kids and ended up in the system. She decided that the biggest difference she could make in the world was to be a kindergarten teacher and not a judge. She is wonderful and Weston loves her. So far he is doing great in school and has had all GREAT behavior reports for the first month and loves all that he is learning. I have also adjusted to having my little boy missing all day. Here are some cute pics of the little cutie's first day.










2 comments:

  1. Awww..........such a big boy already! But he's so smart and very social and so ready for kindergarten. His teacher sounds wonderful! If they do any cute art projects, could you include them in a blog? I just like to see what they are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe he is in school now. Crazy ow fast they grow up. I woke up in the middle of the night a few months ago. I was all worried about sending Peyton to school next year and worried if we were teaching him things he needs to know before going to school. Corey thought I was crazy. It is such a big thing to send little ones on their own. He will do great. Weston is so social and loves to be around kids.

    ReplyDelete