I am finally getting around to putting up our St. Patty's Day pictures. We started the day with Kallie, Weston and Jamers discovering all the things that the Leprechauns had done to our house and the kids while we were sleeping. Kallie spent the night the night before and all the kids (Lucy included) had green sparkles in their hair and shamrock kisses on their cheeks. The kids ate breakfast ( but refused to use the green milk) and then we went to the grocery store to prepare for the big dinner that night. Over the past few years we have made some adjustments to the St. Patty's Day meal adding cafe rio pork (in addition to the corned beef), green salad dressing salads ( instead of stinky cabbage), and Leprechaun juice ( green cream soda) to make sure everyone has something that they like. It was really good! Everyone dressed in green ( except for Mike - see his punishment below) and we had a Pot of Gold treasure hunt in the backyard for gold coins. It was a really fun night despite the few bloody injuries we had. Michelle and her kids couldn't make it and we missed them a ton!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
11 months ago
That was a fun night! Thanks again! I'll send ya all the pics I got of the night!
ReplyDeleteWhat fun!! You make me proud!~ Mom (wiping away a tear)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun night. Sorry I haven't called you back. We stayed in a hotel over the weekend for Jason's birthday. I'll call you today.
ReplyDeleteMiss you!
Hey Becks!! You are the best at holidays, love the tatoo sleeve that's awesome!! Lucy is so dang cute wish we could see her! Hey aren't you coming up to Utah some time? Hope to see you guys soon!!
ReplyDeleteLove it!! I want to go all out like this next year. We did get invited to a traditional corn beef & cabbage dinner. I've never had it but really liked it! I wish I would have thought to have a gold coin hunt! And I love Mike's punishment. LOL!! Tay & the boys were lookin' good! And that Lucy...oh so cute! (and you of course=FAB)
ReplyDeleteYou shoulda seen Megan M's kids. Green hair, green milk, stickers on their faces, balloons. All out.
So, yes, I'm a blogstalker - I admit. But, I was excited to see a link to your blog on another TX friends'. I knew Tay in High School and at BYU. Such a cute family! (This is why people go private, isn't it...)
ReplyDelete